Monday 28 July 2014

Motorcycle Carrier

Finally managed to fabricate a frame for my towbar mounted motorcycle carrier so I can start taking the motorbike away with us. It worked out quite well because the top of my rear door still has the 'feet' at the top that were used when the door came down as a stretcher ramp. These are bolted to the steel frame and are very strong. When the bike is strapped to the frame I can lash the bike to these as well and it takes any springiness out of the everything. The bike is pretty heavy for an Enduro at 145kg...



          Cagiva T4E 350cc Single Cyclinder 4 Stroke. Ex-French Military (Import)




The rear-view camera helped me to keep an eye on it when we were on the road, but it didn't flinch and after about an hour it was pretty much forgotten about!






Was able to use the frame to lock the bike on to over night as well....



No comments:

Post a Comment